Do you know you can covert video(Mp4) to audio(Mp3) using VLC from your computer and also Capture audio directly from YouTube (YT) vid using VLC. if you want to convert your video and just keep the audio and save it as an MP3, This tutorial will help you convert your video files to audio files. It is very simple to extract music from videos. You do not need to download any additional software to do it if your computer already has VLC Media Player installed. The convert feature that comes with the free player allows you to remove the video part and just keep the audio or the music. it also allow you to convert videos to android videos using VLc media player installed on your computer.
This is a great feature if you want to just keep the music from the music videos which i know very well that many of us don’t like so much videos and our computer or mobile phones.
Table of Contents
How to Convert Video to Audio (Mp3) with VLC
- Open your VLC media player
- Click on Media
- Now click on Covert/save or use ctr+R
- Click on Add.
- Browse and open your video file.
- Click on Convert/Save.
- Under Settings, in Profile choose Audio – MP3.
- Hit Browse and give a destination file name.
- Click Start.
Capture audio directly from YouTube (YT) vid using VLC
Capture audio directly from YouTube (YT) vid using VLC and without first downloading the video. I have divided the steps into two procedures. It seems long and complex, but once you’ve done it a time or two it’s easy. This was done using a Win 7 computer:
- Copy to the Win clipboard the video URL from YT.
- Load VLC, use Ctrl-s to get the Open Media dialog box.
- Click the Network tab, paste the URL into the network URL entryfield provided.
- At lower right, click the Stream drop-down arrow and choose *Play*.
- When the vid starts to play (if it does–some YT vids seem to be protected and will not stream/play), pause it with VLC’s Pause button.
- Press Ctrl-j to open the Current Media Information dialog and choose the Codec tab.
In the Location entryfield near the base of the dialog, select and copy the entire very long URL string. This is tricky, because the cursor will not appear when the mouse pointer is clicked in the field. Click there anyway, pretend the cursor is there, and press the Home key to get to the far left end of the URL string. Then do Shift-End to select the whole string, then Ctrl-c to copy it. Close the dialog box.
Then, back in the VLC window, click the Stop button to entirely stop the playback and clear VLC for the next procedure.
- Do Ctrl-s again, choose the Network tab, and this time paste the new long URL into the network URL slot.
- Then use the Stream drop-down to choose *Convert* (NOT Play).
- In the Convert dialog, to the right of Profile choose Audio – MP3.
- For Destination file, click the Browse button and browse to the target folder and enter a name for the .mp3 file-to-be and give it a .mp3 extension.
- Click Start.
- VLC will now convert the vid to audio at about 2-3x the usual play speed but with no sound. The usual progress bar will display progress in the VLC window.
- When it’s done, your .mp3 file should be in the specified folder.
- Done. Close VLC.