KongaPay Merchant: How to Accept Online Payments in Nigeria-You can now start accepting payments online or in store from your customers by making use of KongaPay if you register to become a KongaPay merchant. Register for Konga Merchant Account and Start Receiving Online Payments in Nigeria. Business owner in Nigeria can start accepting payments online or in store from customers by having KongaPay Merchant Account.
One lovely feature of the kongapay online payment gateway is “me-Commerce“. With this feature, you can take a photo of any item you want to sell and KongaPay will generate a payment QR code for you. Just like that, you will be able to share the QR code on your favorite social media sites to receive online payments from those that want to buy the item you are selling.
You can also get your KongaPay customers to pay from their KongaPay app or from Kongapay.com, by supplying your merchant ID or merchant name and have them send money to your KongaPay wallet, using “Pay” menu on their KongaPay dashboard.
As a merchant, you will also have access to KongaPay mPOS app which you can also use to collect offline payments from your customers.
Who is a Merchant on KongaPay?
A KongaPay merchant is a person who wants to accept Payments Online and offline. KongaPay helps Nigerian businesses accept payments from bank accounts, cards & KongaPayaccount and payout to sub-merchants in the case of market place merchants.
How Do I Register for KongaPay Merchant Account?
After successful registration, you will be provided with Live Credentials, which include a Merchant ID, Login and Password to the KongaPay Merchant Admin Portal.
After Registration, How Do I Login To KongaPay Merchant Account?
You can login to KongaPay merchant account via : https://merchant.kongapay.com/accounts/login
Requirements to Become KongaPay Merchant
- Business Name, Address and RC registration – Who are you?
- Scanned documents of signatories (Memorandum of Article, CO2, CO7 and CAC) – Registered to run a business?
- IDs and BVN of signatories – A simple validation exercise Business Bank Account – Where to settle your proceeds.
- Passport Pictures of the Signatories
Benefits of KongaPay To Businesses in Nigeria
- Simple and Easy way of accepting payments
- Fast and Easy Integration of SDKs and Web Plugin
- Integrated machine learning based fraud prevention to help minimize risks and chargebacks
- Seamless payment experience for your customers
- Increase in revenue by allowing your customers setup recurring payments
- Robust Merchant Admin to view all your transaction reports and track your revenue
- Ability to do Bulk Payments to your staff from the Merchant Admin Portal
How To Collect Offline Payments As a merchant?
You can accept payments offline using two approaches;
- You can generate your QR code on your MPOS app, then present it to your KongaPay customer to scan to pay.
- You can also get your KongaPay customers to pay from their KongaPay user app or web, by supplying your merchant ID or merchant name and have your customers send money to your KongaPay wallet, using “Pay” menu on their KongaPay app or web.
You can also use the KongaPay MPOS app to accept payments; you will have to do the following:
- Login to the KongaPay MPOS App with your merchant ID and Pin
- Enter Amount
- Give customer the KongaPay MPOS device to input their KongaPay Pin and One time password sent to their Telephone Number from the Bank
- Click on ‘Pay’
- Merchant gets an alert of payment made immediately
How Much Is KongaPay Transaction Fees for Merchants ?
This depends on the merchant package type as the transaction fees differ. The minimum applicable transaction fees per package type are as shown below:
- Receive Payment = 1.55% and capped at ₦2,000.
- Bulk Payout = ₦100 per transaction.
- Digital Goods = 1% cash back commission.