25 Necessary And Important Fact You Have To Know About Adekunle Gold
Here are the Important Fact yuo need to know about
- Adekunle Gold’s real name is Adekunle Kosoko and he hails from Lagos Island, permit me to say he is an Isale Eko dude.
- He is a prince of Lagos and member of the famous Kosoko royal house of Lagos.
- He is the only son of his parent. He has 3 sisters, though one is of blessed memory.
- He is also a nephew to legendary Nollywood actor, Jide Kosoko.
- He wrote his first song at the age of 15 and went on to join the junior choir of his church.
- He studied Arts and Design at the Lagos State Polytechnic while majoring in Graphics.
- Adekunle added Gold to his name after a session in church with the inspiration coming from an excerpt of the pastor’s preaching.
- In the early days of his career, Adekunle was a member of a boy band called The Bridge.
- The group dropped a couple of singles and featured acts like Skales and GT the guitarman before it was disbanded.
- Adekunle Gold is also a sculptor, painter and graphics designer.
- Before getting signed unto Olamide’s YBNL, Adekunle Gold had a working relationship with the label.
- He designed YBNL’s official logo.
- Before his entry into the mainstream music industry, Adekunle Gold went viral after photo-shopping himself into photos of popular celebs, which earned him the moniker, ‘King of Photoshop’.
- He was number 3 on the list of the most searched persons on Google in Nigeria in 2015.
- His debut single, ‘Sade’ is actually a cover of One Direction’s ‘Story of my Life’.
- The single won the Best alternative song award at the recently held 2015 Headies awards ceremony.
- Forget his announcement on ‘Sade’; Adekunle Gold is not up to 30 years. Yes, he lied!
- Adekunle Gold is in a relationship with Simi of X3M (Xtreme Music)
- His follow-up single, ‘Orente’ like his debut was inspired by a true-life experience.
- Adekunle Gold is reportedly in a relationship with ‘Jamb Question’ singer, Simi although both acts have kept mum about the relationship and are rarely seen together in ‘public’.
- Simi actually helped Adekunle Gold define his style and helped named his genre, ‘Urban Highlife’.
- Simi mixed and arranged Adekunle Gold’s three singles, ‘Sade’, ‘Orente’ and ‘Pick Up’.
- He won the award for ‘Revelation of the Year’ at the 2015 edition of AFRIMA.
- Adekunle Gold has made his movie debut on Kunle Afolayan’s upcoming thriller, ‘The CEO’.
- The singer is also called YBNL Toaster by fans and some colleagues.